“Our lives are filled with meeting wonderful people. Make sure those that have become a part of your life hear your words of appreciation.”
― Ace Antonio Hall.
Thanksgiving is a time of year the nation gathers around appreciation and gratitude.
It is a time to reflect on the good, the great, the bad and the ugly.
I recently shared a story about Max donating 10% of his earnings for a greater good. (Scroll down a few posts on my Facebook if you want to read it.) He eventually decided where he wanted this money to go and guess what happened….he was surprised by a gift that more than covered his donation.
Generosity leads to Reciprocity. When we decide to give, we need to be ready to receive.
Pay attention to your thoughts right now.
Are you going back to that time you avoided eye contact with someone in need of help because it would make you late?
Are you going back to when you ‘over tipped’ and were rewarded by a free meal later on?
These little things add up. You could be that light someone needs to experience on their no good, very awful, is-this-over-yet day.
Now I want to challenge you to a quick Gratitude Challenge. One week to an Attitude of Gratitude. This is great to share on your social pages each day to hold yourself accountable and get others on the Attitude of Gratitude train. #7LGratitudeChallenge and #Notevember will spread some ideas.
- Hold the door for someone
- Give a stranger a compliment
- Support a local business (buy a product and/or give them a raving review online!)
- Write someone a POWER note. Mail it today.
- For every negative thought today, replace it with a positive thought. (This is more powerful if you write each down. This includes negative thoughts about yourself!)
- Spend undisturbed time with someone you love today. (Take your dog to the park. Turn all electronics off for one hour and play with your kids. Pick up a friend for lunch-phones turned off.)
- Think of someone who has made a difference in your life. Tell them.
Please leave your stories (and challenge us!) in the comments below.
Wishing you much to be thankful for on this Thanksgiving Eve!
Want to teach (7L) – and make money doing it? We have a couple of spots left in our Certified Referral Trainer Founders Club.
Please note REFERCO will be closed Wednesday, Nov. 22-Friday Nov. 24 for Thanksgiving and Tuesday Nov. 28- Thursday, Nov. 30 for our Team Advance.